"Unable to send trigger based notification to … because no email address is set for group 'Users'"

Zammad 2.6 on CentOS 7, installed from RPM.

I’m trying to set up e-mail notifications to customers whenever a ticket is updated. As per the documentation I set up a trigger.

However when I post a reply to a ticket the log shows:

I, [2018-11-13T17:21:10.187601 #24017] INFO -- : Unable to send trigger based notification to [addresses redacted] because no email address is set for group 'Users'

If I edit the group Users, the e-mail address field is a drop-down selector with no values to choose from, just “-”.

Don’t know if this will do the trick but did you set an e-mail in group configuration?

How do I set an e-mail in group configuration? Like I said, there’s just a selector with no values to choose from.

Do you have an email channel set up in Zammad? If not then the drop down under email when configuring groups will be empty. You have to set up an email channel first under Channels > Email, then assign it to the group.

I don’t have any e-mail channels because the system isn’t capable of receiving e-mails and there’s no IMAP e-mail server available. I just want to be able to send e-mail notifications.

You have to have an outbound email channel set up to send notifications. You will also need at least one incoming email to assign to the group “Users”.

Without email functionality on the server what you are trying to do won’t work. Can you not use Googles SMTP relay for outbound mail? Is that still a thing?

I have outbound e-mail set up (SMTP). I just don’t have inbound e-mail (IMAP).

It shouldn’t require that inbound e-mail be set up in order to send a notification about a ticket opened via the web. I think this is a bug.

Zammad will update ticket when a notfiication get answerd by e-mail, so the two things walk together.

Yes, but Zammad can send some built-in notifications from noreply@fqdn without having a noreply account set up on an IMAP server.

I don’t think that’s a bug. The settings for email are under the channel settings. If you are setting up a channel of communication in Zammad for email it makes absolute sense that you must have both an outbound and at least one inbound channel for the email functionality to work correctly. In a similar way to if you set up an email client as a communication channel it expects to be able to both send and receive or it doesn’t function correctly.

In order to get it to work as you want why not just set up a google email account and use those imap settings, set it as the destination group for users and your email function will then work. Even if you never advertise the inbound email or use it.

Except I don’t want e-mail as a communication channel. I just want additional e-mail change notifications like the ones you already get to agents, but to customers.

1 Like

Except I don’t want e-mail as a communication channel. I just want additional e-mail change notifications like the ones you already get to agents, but to customers.

This by definition is an email communication channel with your customers. Therefore you will need an inbound address setting up with the users group as the destination. Then what you want to achieve will work.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.