• Add customer in zammad while creating ticket,
  • New contact to appear in exchange synchronised folder

Actual behavior:

• Add customer in zammad while creating ticket,
  • New contact does not appear in exchange synchronised folder

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Setup exchange sync to sync to a contacts folder
  • Create customer in zammad
  • Manually sync (or wait for automatic sync)
  • Check exchange for newly created user.

It would be lovely if we could have two-way sync (unless I’m missing something) with exchange. The synchronisation interval is too long for agents to create new customer in exchange, and to wait for it to populate in zammad, and the other way around means that any customer created in zammad never leaves zammad, and syncing with exchange becomes only an “import”

A community member is working on something like that:

Thank you for the response but I think you have have misunderstood.

I am looking for two way synchronisation of contacts on the “Exchange” integration in the “integrations” section.

This is not to do with email.

Ah I see, sorry about that and thanks for clarification! :slight_smile:

So any thoughts on two way synchronisation between exchange contacts and zammad users?

I personally do not like the idea (that’s no official Zammad statement), as I think that Exchange and LDAP as source shall always be current.

Also, if you happen to edit both parts (Exchange and Zammad) inbetween two syncs, you’ll end up in conflicts that need to be solved. This requires quite some logic and will -in my opinion- add quite some complexity into the UI.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.