Triggers not present in the permissions list of a role

Hi,

There is no possibility of allowing a non-full admin to use triggers.

In my case in particular, we have two levels of administrators: those of the system, and those of attendance. I can’t create a custom role allowing the use of triggers.
I would enjoy to have this possibility :smile:

For the current list of permissions (without trigger), see:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/images/Zammad_Helpdesk-_Roles_admin.jpg

Best regards,

Alexandre

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out.
Maybe @thorsteneckel can point out if this is a Bug or a feature.

I never seen this as problem, as I consider Triggers to be admin-admin-admin territority (too many admins I met shot their own knees with them already)

Hi @alexandresouza - welcome to the community! It’s kind of embarrassing but you’re right - we forgot to add the admin.trigger permission. @MrGeneration can you please create an issue for it and add a remark to check for other permissions as well? This should be easily fixed.

However, this has no security implications because the admin is checked as a fallback.

@alexandresouza - @MrGeneration is pretty busy at the moment. Would you mind creating an issue for this and add a remark to check for other permissions as well? You can refer to this community post.

@thorsteneckel Done! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi. Any update how it’s going? We need this to allow our designers to edit triggers only.

Hey @jandoe - slipped my mind again. It got prioritized by payment and since it’s a rather small change I assigned it to one of my dev colleagues who will fix soon.

Hey @jandoe and @alexandresouza - I just wanted to let you know that the issue has been resolved and the fix will be available in Zammad 3.2 which will be release soon / in a few weeks.

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.