Trigger updatet at "within ...." useless?

• Used Zammad version: latest
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu lts 20

Expected behavior:

The trigger looks between the last and the actual update-times and fired.

For example:

customer set the state of the ticket at 15.00 to “open”.
Agent set the state of the Ticket at 15.06 to “pending close”.
The trigger is set to “updated at [within last 5 minutes]”

The trigger shouldn’t fired…

Actual behavior:

In the example case the Trigger is fired no matter what is set.

And the Option [within next] i don’t understand, from wich timepoint zammad counting?!

At Least: If we can discuss in german it would help me really…

1 Like

Have no one a idea?

Why shouldn’t the trigger fire if your agent is updating the ticket at that exact moment and the trigger checks for an update within the last 5 minutes? The timestamp changes before the trigger runs.

I’m not sure what your trigger is supposed to achieve, but I guess there could be a better way.

within next relative always counts from the current time up to x time units you configured.
So if you update the ticket at 15:00 and check for a specific (checkable…*) timestamp within the next 10 minutes, the trigger or scheduler will fire if the timestamp is something in between 15:00 and 15:10.

* Note that “within next” does not always make sense. This is the case for timestamps you can’t anticipate “within next” times for. This applies to updated_at and created_at as example. Works however with escalation_at.

It depends on your use case. Within next works best with schedulers, because your agent can’t change the timestamp in that moment.

Sorry, but this is a english talking community.
This is supposed to help everyone no matter of their region as english probably is spoken by most of those people.

If you require german support, you can have a support contract or workshop if needed.
But I’m not sure if that’s what you’re aiming for.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.