Trigger Behavior Issues

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.8.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …): DEB for Ubuntu
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Chrome 71.0.3578.98 x64

Expected behavior:

• Created a ticket update notification trigger that is internal - email only to agents.
  • Created a ticket update notification trigger that is public - email to customer + agents.

Actual behavior:

• working from within zammad console.

• When both triggers are active, updating the ticket with an internal note sends a notification email to both customer and agents.

• When the external trigger is set to Inactive, the active trigger works as expected - sending an email to only agents when the ticket is updated with an internal note - but since the external trigger is now inactive, when sending a public note, no notification email is sent to the customer advising an update has been made.

• Once the second trigger is activated, when sending an internal note, it also sends the notification email to the customer, which it is not supposed to do.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create a trigger: action IS updated, state IS NOT closed, visibility IS internal

• Create a trigger: action IS updated, state IS NOT closed, visibility IS public

• Have also tried variations - state IS merged, new, open, etc., visibility IS NOT internal, etc.

• Regardless of variation, when both triggers are active, internal notes are also sent to the customer.

• I have attached photos of the current trigger settings used. I have gone through and made sure that I do not have triggers which are in conflict having the same criteria with different actions.

• Any points in the right direction or other things to try is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I could verify this behaiviour on develop and am quite confused, because this has worked before.
Could you fill in a bug report for this?

@MrGeneration Thank you for the follow up. Will fill out a bug report.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.