- Used Zammad version: 2.4
- Used Zammad installation source: source
- Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
- Browser + version: Chrome 65.0.3325.181
- Creating a trigger which sets owner to a specific user will assign a new issue to the specified user
- specific owner field empty after saving
- trigger not working
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a trigger
- set triggername
- Conditions for effected objects:
** To contains email@example.com
- Execute changes on object:
** Owner -> specific user -> firstname.lastname@example.org
- save trigger
What we are trying to achieve is a more a less 1 on 1 connection with customers, only if a user is in vacation or the newly created issue is older than lets say 2 hours, the issue should be assigned to a defined group. There seems to be no working way to accomplish this.
Questions: What kind of format has the owner field be set to? (Firstname Lastname email@example.com)? or is it the loginname?
We use Google OAuth2 to allow agents to login, customers are not allowed to login.
Am I doing it wrong, or is this an error? Would you need any more information to answer this?