Trigger: After (relative) - what does it means?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.4.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: zammad/zammad-docker-compose
  • Operating system: docker
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

• This condition true if time since last contact (for example) more than X (minutes, etc).

Actual behavior:

• Nothing, trigger not working.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Trigger condition: Last contact: after (relative) 5 minutes.

P.S. I’m afraid to ask about what does “Last contact before (relative) 5 minutes” means. Before what?

If you choose “last contact”, zammad will check if your conditiion e.g. 5 minutes BEFORE or AFTER the moment of “last contact” is true or not.

I guess what you want to use is the scheduler and not a trigger, because triggers only run at the exact moment a ticket is being created or updated, which is not the case e.g. 5 minutes after the last contact on a ticket.

Edit:
We’ve been working hard on making our documentation on that topic better, it basically holds all hints you’re asking for: https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/manage/trigger.html

(Thank you, for your reply)

Regarding your answer I try this case:

Ticket with the last contact from customer yesterday.
Trigger: last contact (customer) after(relative) 2 minutes. actions: note.

Today I post note in this ticket (it being updated). I expected that 2 minutes is gone after last contact from customer, but the trigger not working.

What the best use case of last contact (relative)?

last contact != last customer contact
last contact != last agent contact

You have to ensure we’re talking about the same.
My guess is that you want to use a scheduler.

Clear. I double check my last post - it is correct. Ticket with last contact (customer) yesterday. Trigger - correct.

I try to use Scheduler, but I would like to know what for relative conditions in triggers?

I try scheduler with no luck.

I have ticket with last customer sms, 10+ minutes ago - no note.

Maybe all problems with SMS, because in another topic I ask for SMS related problem Trigger not working when new sms-ticket created ?

I try with phone ticket - the same result.

How can I setup scheduler to post note if 5 minutes ago from last customer contact?

Please change “after (relative)” to “before (relative)”.

Zammad does check if the ticket is BEFORE a specific time or AFTER.
So what you actually want to check is if you’re at least e.g. 5 minutes BEFORE time.now().

Time.now() is being used whenever you don’t specify a specific date and time like in above example.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.