Tree Select children included in overview

Hello everybody,

we’ve been using zammad for two months now and are still not quite finished configuring everything for ourselfes. Currently we stand before a problem with the overviews. We have added a custom tree select field to our tickets, with which we’re trying to categorize our tickets. The structure currently looks something like this:

tree select parent 1
  • tree select child 1-1
  • tree select child 1-2
tree select parent 2
  • tree select child 2-1
  • tree select child 2-2
tree select parent 3
  • tree select child 3-1
  • tree select child 3-2

We want to create overviews for the parant selection that includes all tickets in the child selections.
Ex: Ticket# 001 has the attribute ‘tree select child 1-1’. We have a overview that looks for ‘tree select parent 1’.

Interestingly when I use the search like ‘tree_select_name:parent_name_1’ I get the wanted results.

• Used Zammad version: 3.5.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package (yum)
  • Operating system: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
  • Browser + version: Firefox 78.3.1esr (64-Bit) & Google Chrome 85.0.4183.121 (64-Bit)

Expected behavior:

Selecting a parent of a tree select in an overview shows all children as well.

Actual behavior:

Selecting a parent of a tree select in an overview doesn’t show any children.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• create a tree selection
  • create an overview selecting the tree select parent

Kind regards,
HSH

1 Like

It’s also a big issue for us aswell. Is there any possibility to make this happen with a workaround or do we have to hope for the devs to implement this?
Would be a great improvement for the overview section as we also categorize tickets via a custom object in a tree select.

Sadly, we have not found a solution or workaround in the meantime. It really seems as if the devs have to get active or reply for a workaround.

Sorry but there’s no workaround for that.
In my opinion this would be a feature request on this board.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.