Transfer Ticket between Zammad instances

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.3.x
  • Operating system: Windows 10
  • Browser + version: Firefox 68.6.0 esr

Question:

Due to the problem that you cannot be Agent and Customer at same time, we’re using more then one instances. In some cases there is the need to transfer a Tickets the hole Ticketprocess to a different zammad instance.

Is it possible to transfer Tickets between multible Zammad instances?

There’s no existing solution to do so.
I’m wondering why you’re not using email for your agents to communicate?

That would solve your problem at least indirectly.
Technically you could build such a solution via API, but it’s super hacky and -at least in my opinion- not a good way you’ll want to walk down.

In this organization different IT departments are working in separate Zammad instances due to the missing function of being customer and agent at the same time.
It often happens that a student or guest contacts the wrong IT service desk. This way, ServiceDesk 1 already has an e-mail history with the customer. If now after a few e-mails it comes out that unfortunately ServiceDesk 2 is responsible for the customer. In this case it would be great to transfer the entire e-mail history / ticket process to the second Zammad instance so that all the information and data collected so far can be passed on to the colleagues.

I guess it would be the best to merge the systems and work with different groups if the departments have to be sepperated. I am just a user … :slight_smile:

A system in which the different departments work together would be the best solution.
The problem here comes down to the authorization roles concept. The fact that agents cannot be customers of a department in the same system requires us to run the systems separately.

We worked somehow around this issue by using email aliases as login usernames. Maybe this could be a solution for you too?

BR wucherpfennig

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.