Time based Ticket generation

Hi,

I think it would be verry useful if zammad could generate automatic tickets.
For example: every month zammad generates a ticket with the name “maintenance work for this friday” and the status is set as a reminder.

This featre would be verry useful.

Kind regards
Tobias Fink

9 Likes

This would be a wonderful feature.

Right now we are using a powershell script and a bunch of CSV files on a different server to manage recurrent tickets.

Regards

1 Like

Would love this feature too. Alternative, for current use, you could automatically let a script send such a mail with the content you need and then simply use the automation to handle the reminder setting. (Since you know what exactly will stand at a specific point of the message)

This feature would be awesome if it’s integrated into the zammad GUI.

We’re currently doing it on the zammad server (debian) via systemd.

My description might be a bit outdated though since it was my first time working with systemd timers (was using cron for something like that 'til now).

Update: I just read it again - it’s definitely outdated but i can’t update it since the thread is closed.
It’s working like that but you can do it a lot smoother so it’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Right now, automations can only change existing tickets. I’d love if an automation could create a new ticket. For example, if you need to repeatedly:

• do maintenance on clients’ servers, website or alike
  • set up meetings with clients (and create a ticket monthly to ask them for their availability)
  • ask the client for feedback on something (e.g. monthly customer satisfaction ratings)

Looking forward to hearing what the community thinks of this.

Ben

Hey @herzkerl,

i think there was a fr considering this already.

If you want to do this on your own (for now) you can have a look at our approach:

It’s not the cleanest method and i didn’t know jackshi* about systemd timers back then but it works.
You could do this via crontab too.

cheers

Edit:
Link to the fr:

1 Like

With automations, you probably mean schedulers (“Automatisierungen” in German), don’t you? I haven’t missed that specific feature yet, only the ability to create notes so far.

Where I do have missed the ability to create new tickets would be in a Macro. A possible use case for that would be:

1. A support agent has a ticket to fix some technical problem.
  2. The ticket is resolved and closed, but now the sales staff needs to write an invoice to the customer.

The support agent could now move the ticket to the Sales group, but it contains a whole bunch of conversation that’s mostly not useful for the sales staff. Also the customer could have further technical questions, and that means that a sales agent has to move the ticket back to the Support group.

How I imagine it might work instead:

1. The support agent clicks on a “Bill customer” macro, and Zammad automatically creates a new ticket in the Sales group. The admin should be able to configure the ticket properties, and should be able to use variables, e.g.:

Title: [Invoice] #{original_ticket.title}
    Customer: #{original_ticket.customer}
    Group: Sales
    Link ticket to original ticket: [no/as normal/as child/as parent]

The macro could then set the support ticket to pending close.

1 Like

Sure, sorry :wink:

Sometimes I do repeating tasks (e.g. monthly) for some clients, and need their approval beforehand. So I’d love to see automatic creation of tickets based on a schedule. Since there already is a scheduler, it shouldn’t be too hard to implement it that way. Devs: Please tell me if I’m wrong :smiley:

Yes, I had seen that—and thank you for sharing your approach. Since there already is a feature that can do scheduled/repetitive tasks, why not just extend it to being able to create new tickets as well?

Sure, I think I could use your API approach—but I like to keep it simple. Also, some of my clients are thinking about using Zammad in the future, and not everyone likes that kind of approach.

Don’t get me wrong. I asked them myself to implement such a feature into the GUI.
Just wanted to help out until they’ve implemented it.

cheers

1 Like