The state of a ticket do not pass from new to open automatically

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: V3.6
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) : package
  • Operating system: Centos7
  • Browser + version: firefox/chrome

Expected behavior:

as mentioend in the following documentation the state of a ticket ‘new’ should be automatically passed to open when an agent replies.

-> new

• Ticket has been created by a customer, no agent has sent out a response to the customer yet
  • If an agent replies to the customer, the ticket will change its state to “openautomatically

Actual behavior:

• A customer create a ticket with new state
  • when an agent respond on a ticket ( add a comment on the ticket) the state still on the new state

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Customer create a ticket

• agent add a response on a ticket

• The state of ticket still new

You can create a trigger to do this:

Thank you for your response , I knew about the trigger but the documentation says it will be automatically ( built-in functionality)

First of all:
You’re referencing an forked version of the Zammad documentation from 2018.
I’ve contacted the owner of the docs to at least put a warning, he removed the docs.

The correct documentations can be found here:

Now to your topic.
The ticket state automatically switches from “new” to “open” as soon as the agent replied to the ticket the first time. A reply that counts in this regard is either an email or phone note.

More information on that topic can be found here:

From your screenshots it’s not clear what kind of article you created. My guess is that it’s a public note.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.