- Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
- Used Zammad installation type: package
- Operating system: Debian 9
- Browser + version: Chrome 93.0.4577.63
I am trying to achieve a form of ‘approval’ of a new ticket.
We are intergrating Zammad currently with our NOC, but we also receive some spam (rarely).
I do not feeling comfortable to responding by trigger to every ticket which enters system with an email message.
I thought about solution - i’ll add tag “approved” to Zammad, disable standard auto-reply trigger and create a new one which would take into consideration parameters:
Status: is not closed
Tags (contains one): approved
(I also tried adding calendar here, but none of this works).
So I suppose it would work like this:
- ticket enters system
- if it’s spam, I just close it
- if it’s legit, I add “approved” tag, and only then Zammad responses automatically
Does not work. Cannot achieve what I expected.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Just reproduce the trigger I mentioned higher.
I don’t know why it is not working.