[solved] [Resolved] Zammad stops running while exiting terminal in Webmin

• Used Zammad version: 2.9
  • Used Zammad installation source: from source
  • Operating system: Debian 9 / Apache 2.4.25 / MySQL version 10.1.37 / Webmin 1.9 / Virtualmin 6.06-2
  • Browser + version: Any browser

Expected behavior:

• Continue running after closing terminal window.

Actual behavior:

• Puma stops running after closing terminal window, causing Zammag to be unavailable and 503 error.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Followed installation guide from sources, installed environnement with virtualhost user, deployed latest, configure and start Zammad manually with command given in documentation :

rails s -p 3000 # application web server script/websocket-server.rb start # non blocking websocket server script/scheduler.rb start # generate overviews on demand, just send changed data to browser

Then :

cd scripts/systemd sudo ./install-zammad-systemd-services.sh

But after reboot, 503 error until starting Zammag manually. If I close terminal window, it stops Zammad.

Ok don’t bother.

For those who have this issue, you must configure service to specify zammad location and app user.
In Webmin you can find a list of service in System > Bootup and Shutdown and then you can select Zammad service open configuration file and make the changes.

• APP_ROOT="/your/path/to/zammad/root"
  • APP_USER=“virtualhost user”

Can’t make it start whith server boot though. Wonder why. If I find, I’ll post the solution.

You you need documentation for Webmin installation, ask. Painfull but worth it.

Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.