Set Trigger to add Note to Ticket, Variables not working

• Used Zammad version: 3.2.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
  • Browser + version: Chrome, FF, Safari

Expected behavior:

• Set Trigger to Add Note with Variable Shortcodes like #{ticket.customer.lastname} should result in said note being created and the values added.

Actual behavior:

• “#{ticket.customer.lastname}” (variable name) is shown, not actual filled with the data. It actually works for E-Mail Notifications. Out of luck for ticket notes, though.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create Trigger to add a ticket note with variable in the text field, variable will not be filled with data.

Is there any workaround I can do to fix this? Automation via triggers is such a nice feature. Thanks!

2 Likes

Same issue happens with the scheduler. (zammad.fqdn/#manage/job)
It only shows the name of the variable, not the actual value.

It is already a known bug:

1 Like

Yes, I know. But I thought it would be worth it to sort of bump it. Because, that bug is known for at least 6 months, and frankly it’s holding our company back to get the payed version. We’re still evaluating, but it’s not very cool to have something like that being unsolved for such a long time.

I mean, why have automation and triggers etc. when only half of it works? I’d love to see it resolved, and came here to ask if there was some kind of workaround, or hotfix that I could apply.

No offense, but bumping issues is not really helping anybody further.
It creates noise and distraction on things that might be more important than this issue.

Don’t get me wrong, we’re working hard on fixing all those issues. Sometimes the priorities might not be too clear - but we’re on it.

We’ll update the affected issues as soon as something moves.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.