Search function, syntax

Short question about how to use the search: I want to find all ticktes that have been updated by a sepcific agent yesterday.

In https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/install/elasticsearch/indexed-attributes.html I found the attribute updated_by however to me it’s unclear how to use it.

updated_by:username_of_agent does not bring up any results. Any hints how to correctly use it?

1 Like

Not to hijack this topic, I believe it fits this problem:

We have the same issue, I’ve also found it applying to the following attributes:

• customer
  • owner
  • created_by

However, others work just fine:

• group
  • article.from
  • type
  • state

We are running ElasticSearch 7.9.3 and Zammad 3.5 atm. Do you run the same versions and are you able to reproduce it with the other attributes I mentioned?

The advanced search section will probably help you here.

We have the same issue, I’ve also found it applying to the following attributes:

• customer
  • owner
  • created_by

However, others work just fine:

• group
  • article.from
  • type
  • state

Same behaviour here, using Zammad 3.5 however with ElasticSearch 5.6.16

The advanced search section will probably help you here.

“updated_by” is not documented in there

1 Like

We’ll likely upgrade to Zammad 3.6 next week or the week after, if this fixes the problem I’ll make sure to post it here. The ElasticSearch version shouldn’t be the cause then, plus I’m convinced the syntax isn’t any more complicated than simply writing updated_by: in lowercase and adding any valid username after that (even just a first name should suffice, both with or without a space after the colon).

you could use a search like this;
updated_by.firstname:XXX AND updated_at:>now-1d
replace the XXX with the firstname of the agent.
Otherwise you could use updated_by_id instead of updated_by.firstname if you know the id’s of the agent.
for example;
updated_by_id:4 AND updated_at:>now-1d