Roll your own ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20
  • Browser + version: Firefox latest version

I love that I can add fields to tickets and I have used it extensively to capture pertinent information on our for Product Repair tickets.

Management likes it so well they asked if I could use Zammad to capture Product Progress Reports.

This may be more of a feature request but I want to make sure a solution doesn’t already exist before I ask for (existing) features.

Instead of capturing generic “TEXT” in a trouble ticket I would like to capture specific fields and I would like them to stack just like the “TEXT” comment stacks on tickets - So a Role your own ticket

I’d like to have the fields Product Code, Progress description, Pass, Fail, & Total that are mandatory and
stack just like “TEXT” field portion of a ticket. I realize that I can use text and arrange it such that my tecs enter the required data in a tabular fashion but this is prone to format errors. at some point I’d like to be able to export that data to excel or maybe print a paper copy of the progress report so that I can include it when products are shipped.

I wonder if I explained myself clearly.

Is it possible to create your own Ticket Type or Form? Not adding fields to the existing ticket format but creating a whole new ticket format in addition to the one that is there on install…

You cannot create “TicketTypes” (in fact that doesn’t exist if we’re very specific) nor own forms.
However, you can add e.g. Single selection fields that would allow you to define the type of the ticket. Whatever that’d mean in your world.

https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/objects.html

While you can’t have a very specific form, you can manipulate what fields / objects your agent or even customer shall see (with very little exceptions) - Core Worklfows would be what you’re looking for:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/core-workflows.html

I was looking to create my very own form for a specific project no title, customer, or text for just tracking. Workflows my have helped but i think I must fill in title, customer, and text.

No worries after re-evaluating I don;t think that it would make sense to track the info in Zammad.

Thanks for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.