Restore default translations

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: Debian package
  • Operating system: Debian 9.13
  • Browser + version: Brave/Chrome [Version 1.37.116 Chromium: 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I tried to create a translation via rails console for my new ticket status as in the ticket Delayed change of ticket state - #13 by MamoulianDelacroix

Then I noticed a typo and wanted to overwrite the value with Translation.update(). After that, I had the translation in about 200 times. Then I wanted to delete it again with Translation.find_by(source: “pending and reopen”).

But now I have lost even more translations. My user in German has half of Zammad in English and the other half in German.

What is the easiest/fastest way to restore ALL the standard translations without completely goring the entire server? Is there a possibility?

Translation.create_if_not_exists( :locale => 'de-de', :source => "pending and reopen", :target => "warten und wiedereröffnen", created_by_id: 1, updated_by_id: 1 )

Translation.delete_by(source: "pending and reopen")

Update: I installed the latest debian package which updated the translations … the original translations are back … phuuuuu …

Instead of removing default translations (which of course will be synced back…) you could simply overwrite these… I mean no reason to re-invent the wheel here.
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/translations.html#so-how-does-this-local-translation-work

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.