Regex Filtering Broken?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …)
  • Operating system: Docker (Alpine Host)
  • Browser + version: Chrome (Most recent version as of 03/01/21)

Expected behavior:

• Filtering w/ regex should show results in the preview area

Actual behavior:

• 0 tickets appear in the results area regardless of what I input for regex filtering

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Within any area where filtering can be done by From → Contains, enter a regex type. Nothing appears. Per the instrucitons via the KB article at Filters — Zammad documentation I currently have entered regex:(.|@)cylanda.com to filter by our domain, but nothing appears

Hi Matt,

it seems like your regex does not match anything:

I guess it should read (.|@cylanda.com) instead.

I would recommend to use https://regex101.com/ to check the syntax.

HTH,
Martin

Sorry, looks like it’s still a no go

I’ve tried it a bunch of different ways testing against the link your provided. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Hello again,

try with

(?:(?:[a-zA-Z0-9-]+.)?[a-zA-Z]+.)?(cylanda).com$

HTH,
Martin

Dots are part of regular expressions.
They need to be escaped with \.

We have a sample in the documentation that should cover your case:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels/email/filters.html

1 Like

Hi, thank you for the suggestions.

I realized now looking back at the doc, the regex filtering seems to be something that only works on the email filter, not elsewhere. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m guessing this is my issue

1 Like

the regex filtering seems to be something that only works on the email filter, not elsewhere

Yes this is true sadly. I would love to have regex filtering in triggers and automations but it’s not available there.

1 Like

Well good news is it looks like it’s working. I’ve implemented the filtering for our backup reports and as of this morning it looks like the filtering + actions are triggering correctly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.