- Used Zammad version: 3.4.x
- Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) debian 10 (buster) .deb
- Operating system: debian buster (10)
- Browser + version: Google Chrome + Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Went through the docs and rails commands but could not find how to turn Password Digit Required Default from “yes” to “no”.
- Reason? I am using an AOL email ID. Starting October 2020 AOL/Yahoo are changing their login requirements. One option they provide is a special AOL generated password string to use in zammad (aka. 'Other" 3rd Party App). Their generate password, while complex, does NOT contain a digit. So, rather than chasing after AOL/Yahoo, I thought I would check with the community if anyone knows how to change this flag from ‘yes’ to ‘no’?
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Enter AOL’s generated App Password (which contains no digits). I get a response back from Zammad: “Invalid password, it must contain at least 1 digit”.