Out-of-date tabs and notification list after browser refresh -> old notifications/old tabs reappear

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
  • Browser + version: Version 88.0.4324.182 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

I cannot get rid of old notifications or old tabs → reset to fixed situation after browser refresh.

Expected behavior:

1. Original Situation:
    Starting with e.g. 28 notifications going back 3 days 12 hours
    • close one or more notifications → notification disappear from notification list in Zammad, number displayed with bird-icon decreases
      or
    • close one or more tabs on the side-panel → less tabs on side panel
  2. Browser Refresh
  3. Situation stays the same after a refresh of browser tab:
    • decreased number of notifications
    • decreased number of tabs on side panel

Actual behavior:

1. Starting with original situation: e.g. 28 notifications going back 3 days 12 hours
    • close one or more notifications → notification disappear from notification list in Zammad, number displayed with bird-icon decreases
      or
    • close one or more tabs on the side-panel → less tabs on side panel
  2. Browser Refresh
  3. Reset to original situation:
    • original number of notifications is displayed
    • original tabs are displayed on side panel

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Original situation with notifications listed with bird and open tabs on side panel.

close a notification
and/or

• close a tab on the side-panel
  1. Browser Refresh
  2. Reset to original situation: formerly closed notification(s) displayed, formerly closed tab(s) displayed again

btw: I´m using Google Chrome Browser

did you try to delete the localStorageDB for zammad, simplest option would be to open the developer tools and go to application, and press clear site data, with all checks set;

I just did so - didn’t change anything :frowning:

just to be clear you did this after you logged in, from the zammad browser tab?
Otherwise my try to remove your session from the admin->sessions overview.
So you have a complete fresh start of your session. and see if it remains in sync.

Yes.
But I now removed my old sessions from the admin->sessions overview.
It seems to have helped.
I’ll watch it for some time and will close this issue, if everything remains in sync.
THANX!

I’m sorry to report that the issue has not been solved yet. Same situation as before.
Please see related problem for more details:
Unsuccessful logout > next zammad session with out-of-date notifications and tabs - #2 by MrGeneration.

Our Zammad-Admin found a solution - see Unsuccessful logout > next zammad session with out-of-date notifications and tabs - #6 by agutjahr for more details.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.