No full text search on users, which have only email field filled

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Debian 10
  • Browser + version: Chrome/Edge 96

We have some users, which came over a contact form. Those users have only the email field filled in their properties.

Expected behavior:

• Searching for this users by typing in a part of their email address in the search field should return the corresponding user

Actual behavior:

• The user is only returned, if you type the email from the beginning, for instance a user have my_test_email@host.tld, so you have to type “my_test”. Looking for “test_email” does not return any result.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create a user only with filled email field (via API or email channel) and search for the email in the described manner.

I’ve tested something - is it possible that there is generally no “substring search”? I only get results when I start typing words from the beginning, not when I type syllables from those words.

Does sub string search only not working for email fields or are all fields affected?

As search indexing is run asynchronous from data creation please also double tab that you can find the use in question in general.

In the moment i’m writing an reply to your answer, i have tested someting around - it is working as expected, the error was due to i was not using wildcards in my search… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.