- Used Zammad version: 3.2
- Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …)
- Operating system:
- Browser + version:
When creating a phone ticket and a customer is created on-the-fly, this customer should be usable in other places, too.
Customers created on-the-fly exist, but do not show up in a customer search or in the list of all users, so you cannot assign another ticket to them.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- create a new phone ticket
- instead of entering an existing customer, click on “create new customer”, enter name and email address
- this customer is used in this ticket after ticket creation. you can also click on this customer in this ticket and edit the customer
- but if you try to add this customer to another ticket, the customer will not appear in the search
- the customer does also not show up in the list of all users in the settings/admin screen
- if you try to create a new user in the settings screen, an error message occurs, telling you that the email address is already in use for another user/customer
Is anyone able to reproduce this, too?
Ensure that your elasticsearch is up and running.
Ensure Zammad does not have any delayed Jobs or failing search index updates.
This is a classical behaviour you describe.
ElasticSearch is running, but it looks like the search index was not updated. How can we assure, that the index is updated regularly?
Zammad usually assures this automatically.
In rare conditions this might be a temporary issue in connectivity which will cause Zammad to update the index later.
This can also happen in higher workload situations where you simply have so many jobs in too short time where Zammad will just take longer to index the information before you wanna search for it.
Normally this comes together with Delayed-Jobs - you can run
zammad run rails r 'p Delayed::Job.count' to check that. The count can peak to 100 or 200 in a normal manner, but should decrease quite quickly.
If you have more than 0 delayed jobs for a longer time (and nothing decreases or even increases) it might be your elasticsearch is either no longer running or your scheduler died.
In these cases you might want to have a look at Zammads monitoring:
This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.