Mysterious unreproducible bug: Return key stops working while replying

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.9.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: docker-compose
  • Operating system: Debian 9
  • Browser + version: definitely current Firefox, possibly also current Chrome

Expected behavior:

• Hitting Return/Enter while replying to a ticket should insert a new line.

Actual behavior:

• The Return/Enter key sometimes stops working. Everything else works fine, but it’s impossible to input a new line.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Unknown :frowning:

I’ve had several complaints about this from colleagues, and I’ve also seen the problem in action today. In the past we suspected that the issue is caused by replying to giant tickets (were the customer e.g. has copy-pasted a log file into his message, and the agent attempts to reply to this message) because Zammad’s character limit can be very confusing in that situation. But today I’ve definitely seen it while the colleague attempted to reply to a very normal message (26 lines, ~600 characters), and she could type everything but new lines. I’ve taken screenshots from the browser console, but I have no idea if the errors in the console are even related to the problem. So far I’ve been unsuccessful in my attempts to reproduce the issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes I experience that one in veeeryyy rare cases.
I couldn’t find the root cause yet as well.

Solving it depends highly as well:
Sometimes Reloading the App is enough, sometimes I have to open in a new tab (second case is even rarer).

It only happened in Google Chrome on my end (until now)

I’d estimate about once a week in the last few weeks, with 30 active agents, ~100 tickets per day.

Today reloading with F5 fixed it. I’ve gotten at least one report in the past where closing and reopening the tab didn’t help, and it only went away when the colleague rebooted her computer, but I haven’t seen it first-hand, and it seems suspect to me.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.