Multiple use of group condition in trigger

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6
  • Used Zammad installation source: repo
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Firefox 83 + Chrome 85

Expected behavior:

We would like in trigger to use the conditions (group) multiple times. We need this, as we can’t get a notification when a ticket moves from a group to a new group. Agent should get informed about this.

Actual behavior:

It’s only once available

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Create a trigger and try to use any condition more than once

That’s not possible. For how central a feature triggers and such are, the implementation is really sub-par in Zammad, unfortunately… guess they backed themselves into a technical corner early on and it’s hard to get back out again.

For workarounds, depending on the specific need, that can sometimes be done by extending the object in question or by a script that uses the API / parses the DB / uses the console and reacts to things that triggers to - we’ve implemented some fairly complex things that way. You could also try consuming from websocket and reacting to that, but I haven’t done that yet and don’t know how much information gets sent.

Why we don’t start here…
Why can’t you receive notifications if a ticket is updated?

If you update a ticket Zammad will by default notify you.
That is, if you didn’t adjust the notification settings ( Profile & Settings — Zammad User Documentation documentation ) and configured your notification channel correctly ( Email Notification — Zammad Admin Documentation documentation ).

In my opinion you should never ever force your agents to receive notification they don’t want.
If you do that, you risk them setting up filter rules to ignore those mails and thus also loose track of things that are really important to them.

Sounds like a workflow issue to me to be honest.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.