Mixed Language Tickets and RTL (right-to-left) vs LTR (left-to-right)

• Used Zammad version: 3.4.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: centos
  • Browser + version: safari

I manage an international program and would like to use Zammad to replace our existing ticketing system.

My use case is:

1. Tickets come from into the ticket systems in the user’s local language
  2. If a tier-1 analyst can resolve the ticket, they will explain the resolution in the user’s local language.
  3. If the ticket needs to be escalated, the tier-1 analyst will translate the issue into English using internal “comments” and assigned to a tier 2 analyst.
  4. Once the ticket is resolved, the tier 2 analyst provides a resolution explanation in English and assigns the ticket back to a tier-1 analyst for translation
  5. The translated resolution is made public and the ticket is closed.

Zammad’s ticket page fails to support this use case when the ticket needs to support a mixture of Latin and non-Latin charsets and Left-to-Right (LTR) and Right-to-Left (RTL) languages

There also appears to be no way to provide trigger response text as RTL if the default Zammad language is LTR.

Is my statement correct that Zammad cannot support a mixture of charsets and language directions on a single ticket and for different trigger auto-responses? Or have I missed a text shortcut/feature that will support this need?

1 Like

I think @thorsteneckel can best answer this question.
I don’t think it should be an issue if articles differ in orientation.

Hi @wczork and welcome to the community! You’re right. We currently don’t support a mixture of LTR and RTL. We track this issue here: https://github.com/zammad/zammad/issues/1835

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.