Migrating OTRS 6.0.15 to 2.9.0 failed

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.9.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome 74

Expected behavior:

Actual behavior:

• I want to Import my OTRS Tickets (about 17.000). Some Tickets produce an error and the import on the console stops (same in the Browser)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

thread#2: PARAMS: {:Subaction=>"Export", :Object=>"Ticket", :Limit=>20, :Offset=>3860, :Diff=>0, :Action=>"ZammadMigrator", :Key=>"vSnRVRJeswGlFsafeMimfhNu5Ybx9jI4L5nvv7Nb"}
#<Encoding::UndefinedConversionError: "\x9F" from TIS-620 to UTF-8>
/opt/zammad/lib/core_ext/string.rb:510:in `utf8_encode!': could not find a valid input encoding (EncodingError)
        from /opt/zammad/lib/core_ext/string.rb:476:in `utf8_encode'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/core_ext/object.rb:3:in `to_utf8'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs/requester.rb:98:in `handle_response'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs/requester.rb:91:in `request_json'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs/requester.rb:77:in `request_result'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs/requester.rb:32:in `load'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs.rb:141:in `import_action'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs.rb:135:in `imported?'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs.rb:99:in `block (3 levels) in threaded_import'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs.rb:93:in `loop'
        from /opt/zammad/lib/import/otrs.rb:93:in `block (2 levels) in threaded_import'
        from /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.4.0/gems/logging-2.2.2/lib/logging/diagnostic_context.rb:474:in `block in create_with_logging_context'

I removed the ticket with the problem, but when i start the import again, it fails with another one with the same error.

@thorsteneckel can you take a look here if you find time?
Maybe converting the whole database to e.g. UTF-8 is an option here?

Wow. “TIS-620” never heard of it before. Seems like something is wrong with the encoding of the source data. Can you please provide how the JSON looks that fails? You can export it by adding the PARAMS to the URL of your system. E.g.:

https://xxxxx/otrs/public.pl?Action=ZammadMigrator;Key= vSnRVRJeswGlFsafeMimfhNu5Ybx9jI4L5nvv7Nb;Object=Ticket;Subaction=Export;Offset=3860;Limit=20;Diff=0

You can send us the JSON via email to support@zammad.com and I’ll have a look. Please refer to this topic and me.

Hey guys,

thx for the quick reply. I´ll start the import again in a few minutes. Mail is comming soon :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.