Macro with Reply Action

Hello Everyone,

Coming from Zendesk, one of the most used features in our company was macros to provide common answers. I already checked the documentation and checked all the configuration parameters in my demo instance but wasn’t able to find anything similar to that. Did I missing this important feature or is it not possible to do this at the moment?

1 Like

It’s perfectly possible with triggers. Triggers are activated when changes occurs to the fields configured.

But this isn’t very intuitive / user friendly as triggers are somewhat hidden to the agents. The functionality I am look for is:

1. Open Ticket
  2. Select marco “Computer not working”
  3. The macro automatically fills the reply field with a predefined text (text module) (perfect would be to also attach a predefined attachment), which is editable before sending out

If I configure a trigger to do something similar to this:

1. I need to define a special tag, the agent has to know (in order to set a correct filter)
  2. The agent is not able to edit the reply before that
  3. The conversation is not visible in the ticket history

Did you consider using the built-in text templates / text modules?

https://zammad-admin-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manage-text-modules.html

Yes, we use it as kind of a workaround, but it’s not as powerful as I wish for.

Basically I would like a macro to be able to:

1. Reply action
  2. Insert a text module (preferability with a predefined attachment)
  3. Set status to pending reminder/close
  4. Set pending till to now + 7day (which also does not seem to be possible at the moment)

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.