Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1.1-1654692688.7c718d9c.focal
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.4
  • Browser + version: Firefox 101.0

Expected behavior:

• login name should be the mail address after reapplying users mail address

Actual behavior:

• login name changes to auto- after deletion of users mail address (can’t close ticket because of mail server bounces and auto-reopens of ticket)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• create user with mail address
  • create ticket for user
  • close ticket, notification mail is sent out to users mail address
  • target mailserver bounces close notification because
  • delete mail address from user (this may be the point where zammad generates the auto- login name)
  • close ticket
  • set mail address back to original
  • login name stays auto-

Have I done something wrong?
What can I do to get the users mail address displayed instead of auto-?

Thanks for replying.

Where does that user come from? Is the user synchronized by exchange or ldap?

I added this user locally to the zammad system

Right.
So when removing the email address, Zammad is forced to also update the login name (because other wise you couldn’t e.g. add the same address to another user). When re-adding the email address to the affected user, the login name is already set (no matter if it’s the automatic one or one that you’ve chosen).

For this reason Zammad does not enforce an update on the login attribute when setting the email. This does work as designed. You can use both, login or email to login - it technically doesn’t matter.

You can learn more on the attributes on our documentation, it also hints you to further options on e.g. updating the login attribute if needed. Users — Zammad documentation

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.