LDAP sync reverts names

Infos: Is there a way to prevent the LDAP sync from changing everones name back to the AD info rather than what they actually go by? It’s rather annoying and a reason why I disabled the LDAP sync for sometime but we’ve got new employees that need synced in or they cannot login to Zammad.

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.4.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …)
  • Operating system: centos
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

• Name saves permanently once edited

Actual behavior:

• LDAP sync reverts name every run. Expame, Steve back to Steven, Beth back to Elisabeth etc.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Run LDAP sync

Sorry for my question: Why do you need to change the LDAP objects within zammad and thus have it different from the LDAP directory itself?

In my opinion the behaviour of zammad is absolutely correct, as the LDAP-Directory should be the highest priority. This would also happen if you change the name in the LDAP directory and zammad then syncs the changes. A name change (no matter if it’s just the name) is always to be synched. zammad cannot know that you don’t want that. :x

Very understandable question but we have a large university environment and our payroll and registrar use legal names vs nicknames in AD. In Zammad, our users would rather use their nickname than legal full name that is required in AD. Also, I’m not a domain admin…

This seems like a fairly standard feature in other applications and helpdesk tools we have on campus.

Could there be a way to have Zammad skip usernames edited by admins during the sync? I guess this is a feature request if it’s currently not possible.

Thanks,

-Rick

In all reality why does there need to be a LDAP sync, all of our LDAP binds just perform a quick query…

Sorry, I cannot answer the LDAP sync question. I just think that this might be because of the way zammad works with user accounts and stuff. Not too sure.

I think that this currently does not work as you expect, so this really is a Feature Request.

Wouldnt it be possible to sync another attribute in AD with the username in Zammad? Of corse nicknames would have to be maintained in AD as well, but depending on the setup keeping the records up to date is employee/student responsibility anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.