LDAP Integration - set organisation

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.6.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) apt
  • Operating system: Ubunt 16.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome

Expected behavior:

Users synchronised from LDAP can be easily assigned to an organization - setting the organization to ‘domain based’ does not help

Actual behavior:

*LDAP import is successful, can see all users listed. Group assignments for admins/agents/customers also worked correctly and can sign in users at all levels. However despite setting the single organisation as domain-based, no users have been automatically assigned to the organisation. With 500 user accounts it would take a long way to assign them manually!
Have checked the manual and the forum (and google) but cannot find a procedure to resolve this, only feature requests. Please could someone point me in the right direction?

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

*Created organization, set as domain-based assignment and domain entered in field.
Performed LDAP integration - confirmed successful, users visible in users section.
Users are not automatically assigned to that organization, despite matching domain.

1 Like

Short question to understand the issue: Did you create the organisation with “domain based allocation” before syncing via LDAP or after?

Before - I can happily try removing the LDAP connector and do it again?

1 Like

Wiped and rebuilt server - I think I know what I did… Because I only wanted one organisation I renamed the default Zammad one and set it for domain. Second time round I created a fresh organisation set it to domain then imported LDAP users - all working now.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Interesting, thanks for your input! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.