LDAP filter configuration

As i went through a few iterations to get the ldap filter syntax right…
Currently it will drop you back to the LDAP integration screen and you have to start again with the configuraton or change the existing one if you have an error in the LDAP filter. It will definitely save a few clicks if you had the possibility to go back to the filter settings screen inside the configuration wizard when something goes wrong.

And while we’re at it: It would also be nice to be able to edit just the LDAP filter right from the LDAP integration screen instead of going through the wizard every time…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello mtrojacher,

we are currently tidying up regarding feature requests in the community.

1. Going back
    In a current Zammad version, it is possible to go back to the filter settings.

2. Direct Settings
    We are keeping the settings in the wizard, because the LDAP configuration can have a big impact on systems, and we like the guidance and preview of the wizard for the “normal” user.

If you are a hacker, you can directly edit the setting via rails console (it’s in the “LdapSource” model). (See: Console — Zammad documentation) We can also provide commercial grade support for this, if wished for.

Hey, completely forgot about this :slight_smile:

1. will definitely help, 2) was more of a convenience thought, turns out i have never needed to touch this setting again after initial setup so hacking through console is fine i guess.

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.