I have setup Zammad 3.2 for a school customer. And its really nice and slick.
I have configured the LDAP connector and assigned some populated AD groups to “Customers”. I can see it syncing.
- LDAP user to Zammad user (794/793):
- Users: 0 created, 0 updated, 56 untouched, 714 skipped, 24 failed, 0 deactivated
- LDAP groups to Zammad roles assignments:
- Customer: 0 created, 0 updated, 56 untouched, 0 failed, 0 deactivated
I have also configured the “Automatic account link on initial logon” and configured the Office365 authentication. And that works really well!
But I dont see anything in “Users”, in fact, its completely empty. When I try to create a user with an email from a user that is in LDAP. I get “Email address is already used for other user.”
Is there anything I need to do to link the AD/LDAP accounts to actual users/customers. As when I try and change customer on a ticket, its blank and I cant actually change anything.
If I have checked over the admin documentation and not sure what I am missing.
Any information would be great.
- Used Zammad version: 3.2
- Used Zammad installation source: apt-get
- Operating system: Debian
- Browser + version: Chrome/Firefox
- I would expect that my imported LDAP users, would appear in Users as Customers
- THere is nothing in Users with LDAP sync configured.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Configured LDAP, assigned AD groups to customers.