KB insert to ticket approach?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.0-1670492123.7c45d087.buster
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) package
  • Operating system: Debian 10.10
  • Browser + version:
    Chrome, Edge, Firefox, private windows, to no avail

Expected behavior:

• Agent replies to ticket, he should be able to insert the KB answer URL instead of the whole article content, sometimes it’s a lot to customer:(

Actual behavior:

• If I use ?? to insert a KB answer, it will insert the whole context. The workaround I used is actually to create duplicate KBs for one answer, the first one is the actual content, the second one will be named with URL: xxx then in the content I used in LINK ANSWER option to add only the real answer’s URL,. this way when I replied to tickets, I can ?? then find out the answer with wording URL to insert into the reply message, users will see the email then click the URL to check the full context.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Is there any other better way to accomplish this? If not, we can live with creating duplicate answers in KB but can we hide those whole-content answers when we insert ?? in reply message. They are causing a lot of inconvenience and sometimes it’s very hard to locate the real URL answer I need when using ??

1 Like

Maybe an “easier” approach would be if an agent could choose between text & link version.

an easy way to approach this issue without introducing breaking changes would be:

• ?? enters the full article
  • ??? enters the link to the article

BR wucherpennig

That’s not possible know. The feature ?? as of now is exactly there for you to provide the content and not a dull link to the knowledge base. If that’s not good enough you may want to check if there’s a feature request already there (and heart the first article) and if not create one.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.