Initial database setup

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Debian 10 (Buster)
  • Browser + version: Chrome (whatever is latest)

Expected behavior:

1. Configuring database. We have a dedicated database server and want to use this because of adherence to backup strategy.

Actual behavior:

1. Package pulls in postgresql as dependency. Database gets configured by package install script.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Install Zammad as documented.

I do understand that the developers want to provide an out-of-the-box solution. It would just be great if somewhere I could find documentation on how to change this initial setup to something I want. :slight_smile:

Sorry but that’s out of scope of our standard configuration.
I understand that this is frustrating to you, but it’s impossible to cover all possible configuration ways.

What you’re planning to do is technically advanced.

You may want to have a look at /opt/zammad/config/database.yml and adjust that file as needed.
You can use the following commands to create (1), migrate (2) and seed (3) the database as needed.

Attention: Never -E V E R- seed an already existing Zammad database. You’ll break things.

• zammad run rake db:create # may fail depending on your db servers configuration
  • zammad run rake db:migrate
  • zammad run rake db:seed

Don’t forget to stop Zammad before hand.
Before starting the service, you can double tab the functionality by running zammad run rails c.
If that command is successful, you have go od chances nothing broke.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.