Inbound Email Channel Account automatically created as customer on first new ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.2
  • Browser + version: Chrome/Firefox

I’ve just installed Zammad to test for a ticket system for our small IT group. I have a IMAP account help@example.com for users to send tickets to.

When I send a ticket to help@example.com, Zammad picks up the new ticket, but creates 2 customers, one for the person who sent the ticket in (customer@example.com) and one for the Inbound Email Channel account (help@example.com)

So I get 2 new customers created.

1. help@example.com
  2. customer@example.com

Is this normal for a customer to also be created for the inbound email account used for the email channel itself?

the normal is the customer email is automatically added customer.
try to not store inbox when received email to your IMAP config

sinichi19,

It makes sense that the customer email address would get automatically added as a customer, but I’m not sure why the incoming imap email address that zammad is checking for new tickets would be created as a customer too the first time it picks up a ticket? I do have the Keep Messages on the server set to no.

I experienced that behavior too: 2 customes are created, like described above.

I’m wondering if this is intentional and normal or if there is a setting that needs adjusting.

No that’s not intentional. However, it happens so rarely that I’m unable to reproduce it.
Possibly it’s the way you’ve sent that mail. Just me guessing.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.