- Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
- Used Zammad installation type: package
- Operating system:
- Browser + version: Chrome Version 93.0.4577.63
- When an agent replies to an article of a customer and a reply-to header is set, the reply-to header should be completely ignored so the answer goes out to the source e-mail address.
- In Zammad Admin Panel, e-mail channel settings, you can set 3 options for “Sender based on Reply-To header:”:
unset, Take reply-to header as sender/from of email, Take reply-to header as sender/from of email and use realname of origin from
If you click on “reply” in a ticket and the reply-to header is set, the answer will be going to address in the reply-to header. There is no option to ignore the header completely in ticket editing or admin panel. Answer allways going out to a reply-to address if set.
Example situation: A hacker has set the reply-to header to get all answers or a customer has set it accidentally. So we want to have an option to ignore the reply-to header completely. An additional option in the admin panel would be great.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Simply click on “reply” in a ticket where the reply-to header is set