How to sort emails to groups/departments

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right forum category for a configuration question:

I would like to use Zammad to receive mails for different departments:

1. Accounting (receives invoices and other sensitive stuff):

Separate email account “accounting@” - separate Email channel in Zammad
Emails should be assigned to the group “Accounting”, and only users from the accounting department should be able to access them.

1. Support/Customer requests:

Separate email account “info@” - separate Email channel in Zammad
Emails should be assigned to the group “Support”, users from the support department should be able to access them.

I plan then to use overviews to display for example

• all “open” mails from the group “accounting”
  • all “closed” mails from the group “accounting”
    etc.

I saw that for Email channels there is an option “Filters” with german Description
“Mit Filtern können E-Mails mit bestimmten Merkmalen in bestimmte Gruppen einsortiert oder die Priorität von VIP Kunden erhöht werden.”

But I did not find a filter criteria “came in via email account X”, I just see things like the “to / an” address:

But I am not sure if it is reliable enough if I enter “contains ‘accounting’” here, I don’t fully trust email headers.

Is there another way to separate the emails of different departments, so that the customer support won’t see the accounting mails?

Currently I use Liveagent, where I can choose directly at the email account settings to which department the incoming mails from this account shall be assigned. I look for a similar functionality, and can use of course another way - as long as all happens in the same installation of Zammad.

Thanks,

Thomas

Usually you use to and/or cc within postmaster filters for that approach.
That is if you have one email channel with several email aliases.

If you have one account per email address, just configure the correct destination group and you’ll be fine.
The following pages may help you for deeper insight:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.