How to move a new field on top of the new customer entry form?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.4
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Firefox 80

Problem

In the user object, I just created a new select field called “Title” that I would wish to show on the very top of the customer creation form.

I changed the position in the shell using the commands:

ObjectManager::Attribute.find_by(display:'Title').update(position:199)

I chose the number 199 because the first field is “Firstname” with the position 200.

My “Title” field moved up from the bottom, indeed, but it is still only 5th in the list, right below Organization. All the fields above (Firstname, Lastname, Email, Organization) have position values that are higher than 199.

Why is it not moving above “Firstname”? Is there anything else I can do to influence that?

Took me quite a whilte.

At the moment there’s no way to move attributes above these default attributes (user context):

• firstname
  • lastname
  • organization
  • email address

I couldn’t find the correct part in the code, however, this gave me the clue that this is “intended” as of now.

Personally I don’t see the reason, there may be a good one.
Not sure if this completely qualifies as a bug or if it’s an enhancement.

Maybe @thorsteneckel can give us a small insight if he finds time. As I said, there might be a reason.

Right now the only (non update safe) way would to change your code - however, I can’t assist you with that.

Further input from my end - as I just stumbled upon this issue:

I will update above mentioned issue to also cover this use case.
So no need to create a new one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.