How to make changes to Javascript and HTML?

Hi everyone

I am trying to make our Companies Zammad-Website more responsive. Therefore i need to add JS and edit Zammads HTML. I allready found out how to add Custom CSS to the page.

• What would be the place to add / modify HTML ?

• What would be the place to add / modify JS?

• Is there a Guide on how to develop / modify your Zammad in general?

Best regards,
Jonas

Hey,

there currently is no develop or modify guide. As far as I’m aware, the devs are working on that step by step, but because of Zammads size, this is quite difficult to do.

As far as I’m aware you can’t add custom javascripts but need to edit Zammads own file, this makes the process not being update save.

HTML is coming from various files, so that will be a real pain.
I’m not sure if you really need to change HTML tags, because we mostly have everything inside of parent elements, but I’m no expert on that field.

Hi @LordFire,

you can find all the JS, CSS and HTML (aka the Frontend App) below the app/assets folder.

BUT:

• Instead of JS we’re using Coffeescript, which is a programming language that transcompiles to JavaScript.
  • Instead of HTML we’re using ECO, which is a Coffeescript template engine.
  • Instead of CSS we’re using SASS which is a style sheet language.

After changing any of those files you need to recompile your assets via rake assets:precompile.

Please make sure to work/test in development mode before breaking production. This is a default Rails feature.

Hope this helps in any way.

3 Likes

Thanks Thorsten,

Thats more the kind of hint i was looking for. I’ll give it a shot.

Do i guess right: If i change any of the ECO / Coffeescript it will be overwritten by the default at next Update of Zammad?

Hi MrGeneration,

i finally will need to have

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

In my HTML header.

Your answer helped me anyway too more get a feeling on scale of dev-documentation :stuck_out_tongue:

THX

Yes. That is correct.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.