If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: email@example.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.
- Used Zammad version: 2.5.X
- Used Zammad installation source: Package
- Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Browser + version: Firefox 61.0 (64bit)
- FreeIPA Users Groups associated with Groups in Zammad
- Users Name Fields associated with the Right Name
- Groups are just showing up under role, so there isnt any possibility to associated them centralised in ipa
- User Name Fields are just showing up as Full Name Fields (first given name+Last Name)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
I think ipa groups are meant to show up under role, the zammad role and ipa group have the same sort of purpose, they just use different names. I don’t know if you can create zammad groups through ldap sync, at least there’s not an obvious way through the gui.
The second part with the user name field, I don’t know what the right name is, but map them to what you want, I map them to uid.
Maybe this should be moved to an request more then an bug/error - can an mod pls do this? or should i reopen it?
Groups in Zammad are for ticket grouping. For users, you use roles. That’s how I see these features.
seems to make sense to me, thanks for the advice.
This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.