FreeIPA - Groups to be part of Groups (Zammad()

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.5.X
  • Used Zammad installation source: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox 61.0 (64bit)

Expected behavior:

• FreeIPA Users Groups associated with Groups in Zammad
  • Users Name Fields associated with the Right Name

Actual behavior:

• Groups are just showing up under role, so there isnt any possibility to associated them centralised in ipa
  • User Name Fields are just showing up as Full Name Fields (first given name+Last Name)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

I think ipa groups are meant to show up under role, the zammad role and ipa group have the same sort of purpose, they just use different names. I don’t know if you can create zammad groups through ldap sync, at least there’s not an obvious way through the gui.

The second part with the user name field, I don’t know what the right name is, but map them to what you want, I map them to uid.

ipa zammad
givenname firstname
sn lastname
mail email
uid login

Maybe this should be moved to an request more then an bug/error - can an mod pls do this? or should i reopen it?

Groups in Zammad are for ticket grouping. For users, you use roles. That’s how I see these features.

1 Like

seems to make sense to me, thanks for the advice.

you are exactly right

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.