Follow-up Detection on email address only

I’m looking at integrating an email to SMS gateway into our Zammad workflow since many of our users use SMS to communicate with us.

The issue I forsee is that follow-up detection in Zammad takes place using the subject line which is not relevant to SMS conversations. When a user replies via SMS, the ticket number and such will not be attached.

The only thing that will persist throughout the conversation will be the email address that the SMS is forwarded with (e.g. all messages from +1-555-555-5555 will come from 15555555555@gateway_address.com and all messages sent to that email address will be forwarded as SMS to that phone number)

Is there a way to force follow-up detection to use the email address of the sender only?

Interestingly enough, in a test that I ran yesterday, the detection seems to be working without any special configuration. I’m curious to see how this turns out in the long run but so far so good!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.