• Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome (latest)

Expected behavior:

• Everything should be nice and fine!

Actual behavior:

What is the Problem here?

First of all I’m leavint his here:
https://community.zammad.org/t/asking-for-help-on-community/2262/2

Secondly my crystal ball is broken and getting repaired right now.
If I’d had to guess: Your elasticsearch is not working/running/reachable.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry your crystal ball is broken, I hope you have a good crystal ball repairer to get it back soon.

I don’t understand how things can’t work in the docker, didn’t they promise that it doesn’t matter on which system you use the docker? I installed and installed Zammad according to the instructions at https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/contributing-install-docker.html
YES, I HAVE executed: “sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144”.

But this manual doesn’t seem to be complete to me, because the fact that you have to enter any versions in any .env files is nowhere written there!

Fact is elastic search does not work:
9fbc2b9fcb32 zammad/zammad-docker-compose:zammad-elasticsearch-2.9.0-18 “/bin/bash bin/es-do…” 4 days ago Restarting (78) 21 seconds ago zammad-docker-compose_zammad-elasticsearch_1
Besides the “restarting” it also runs for 5 seconds from time to time.

And since I don’t know anything about Docker, I don’t know where to look why it doesn’t work. I also assumed that it just works, as you would expect from Docker.

Hey @Dirk23,

i’m really just asking out of curiosity and i don’t mean to be harsh.

Why are you using docker then? You know you could just install zammad on any other supported platform?

Could save you a lot of hassle.

cheers

I guess we’d never promise that it’s working everywhere, because this is impossible to pormise. :slight_smile:
Please ensure that your Docker-Host has atleast 4GB of RAM.

Just a sidenote: The output you posted does not match the URL you posted.
What exactly are you running: The single docker container or the docker-compose? (This is very important to know to help you better)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.