Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.3.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: Ubuntu via DEB
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
  • Browser + version: Chrome 83.0.4103.97

Expected behavior:

• No errors in current status
  • All notifications checked (per user) receives notifications
  • All triggers hit (emails to / from for updates)

Actual behavior:

• Errors in current status
  • User checked notifications receive emails
  • All triggers hit and send email

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Unsure - update via apt-get install zammad (from 3.2.x)

I have run the upgrade to zammad from version 3.2.x to 3.3.x.

After upgrading, I have noticed user checked notifications were not working for agents.

Triggers were were also not being hit that specify sending emails to agents / customer when the ticket is updated.

Checking Monitoring, the current status shows :
Failed to run background job #1 'Transaction::BackgroundJob' xx time(s) with xx attempt(s).

The production log gives me:

E, [2020-06-11T11:23:34.728985 #606-47357316142120] ERROR -- : 2020-06-11T11:23:34+0900: [Worker(host:Zammad-01 pid:606)] Job Transaction::BackgroundJob (id=524854) FAILED (7 prior attempts) with SyntaxError: (erb):39: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting keyword_end

Content for scheduler_err.log, scheduler_out.log are both empty.

Services for zammad, elasticsearch and postgresql all show they are running and active.

Not sure where to look next. Hoping to resolve this rather than rebuilding if possible. Your time, help and support are greatly appreciated.

Please let me know should additional details or information be required.

Thank you and kind regards,
Mark

I have since performed a re-install of Zammad (apt-get --reinstall install zammad) and the issue has been resolved. All background tasks have completed and the current status shows no issues. Notifications and Triggers have returned.

Just curious as to why, but issue has been resolved.

Thank you and kind regards,
Mark

Hard to tell from above.
My bet right now would be failed migrations during your initial upgrade which might have been fixed during a forced reinstall, because the same scripts are run again.

Updating sometimes can be troublesome which is why Iā€™d always suggest to have a look at the output of the update processes.

Thank you.

I will take a look and see if anything stands out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.