Expanding a text module shouldn't remove preceding empty line

I’ve configured several text modules for greetings, e.g.:

id,name,keywords,content,note,active
155,Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,sgduh,"<div>Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>",,true

When I insert it via ::sgduh, it expands to the following content:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

It’s hard to see in Discourse, but there’s a trailing empty line. That is exactly how I want it, because between the greeting and the rest of the text there always should be an empty line. Now the agent can immediately start typing.

Unfortunately, Zammad will remove the empty line when the agent immediately inserts another text module, e.g. this one:

id,name,keywords,content,note,active
156,Test,test,Test.,,true

When the agents types the following:

::sgduh<Enter>
::test<Enter>

Zammad will remove the preceding empty line as soon as it expands ::test, leaving me with the following result:

Test.

where I would have expected:

Test.

I would prefer it if it could leave the empty line intact.

1 Like

This behaviour seems to be kinda new.

I’m using almost the same text modules (greeting followed by an empty line). This definitely has worked when i build those text modules the first time but right now with build 2.9.0-1552342773.5686b23c.stretch i can reproduce this.

Either this was changed on purpose or you’ve found a bug(?).

I know what Martin means.
Interestingly I don’t always have this and it seems to highly depend on what I do before.

Sometimes marking text or fiddling with several text modules cause this for me, but not always.

If this has consisty, I’d say it’s a bug, because it’s annoying and shouldn’t happen. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.