Error message after logging in

Infos:

• Used Zammad version:
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) rpm
  • Operating system: centos 7
  • Browser + version: chrome Version 74.0.3729.157

Actual behavior:

Since yesterday, everytime a user logs into zammad, the following error message pops up. After closing it, you can work with zammad as expected, only the view “Wartung” in the settings is now empty :frowning:
I don´t know exactly what went wrong, the only thing i did was a new ldap sync and afterwards restarting the server.

{“error”:""\xD6" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8"}

is the error message

Somehow the rest of my text got missing:

… I restarted all services and the server, but no changes. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sounds like a Ruby exception, but the complete error message didn’t really make it into the JSON reply. It’s most probably some kind of encoding error; I assume that it tries to read a string that it expects to be UTF-8, but the string isn’t encoded as UTF-8 or at least contains some 8-bit sequences that aren’t valid UTF-8.

Have a look into the Rails server log, the complete exception should be logged there. That should hopefully help to isolate where the problem is occurring exactly, and then we should be able to figure out where that improperly encoded string is (most probably somewhere in the DB).