Entrega fallida: "Unable to send telegram message: Timed out connecting to server"

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.2.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) Ubuntu via DEB
  • Operating system: Ubtuntu server 18.04.3
  • Browser + version: Chrome 79.0.3945.88 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Expected behavior:

• When Zammad received a message through telegram client to a bot created, it creates a ticket, but when an agent reply from Zammad, the message should send to telegram client

Actual behavior:

• All messages inside a ticket generated from telegram client no are sent from Zammad to telegram client. The Zammad outputs an error message Entrega fallida: “Unable to send telegram message: Timed out connecting to server”; but if I send a message from web browser the message is sent without problem and reach to telegram client. It follows an example replacing information of bot (token, id, etc.) with XXXXXX.

https://api.telegram.org/botXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/sendmessage?chat_id=XXXXXX&text=test123

{“ok”:true,“result”:{“message_id”:22,“from”:{“id”:XXXXXXXX,“is_bot”:true,“first_name”:“XXXXXX”,“username”:“XXXXX”},“chat”:{“id”:XXXXXX,“first_name”:“Antonio”,“last_name”:“Venegas”,“type”:“private”},“date”:1577747292,“text”:“test123”}}

I have a CA certificate generated via Let’s encrypt run correctly, and I didn’t see errors at /var/log/zammad/production.log.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

*From a ticket generated through telegram client, press reply option of edit box and press update button, and the message isn’t sent and then a moment Zammad outputs aforementioned error message.

Thank you very much.

Are you behind a proxy or is your server located in a country where goverment might filter Telegram communication?

Also, please have a look at the following link output (after replacing {your-token} with your Bot-API-Token):
https://api.telegram.org/bot{your-token}/getWebhookInfo

(Note: bot is no accident but needs to live in front of your token)

Also, while we’re at collecting information, please also provide the following information:

• virtualization type / hypervisor (if applicable)
  • CPU of the system (e.g. Intel XEON E2226G)
  • number of cores dedicated to the Zammad machine
  • memory dedicated to the Zammad machine
  • storage type (SSD/HDD)
  • number of agents in total
  • number of approx. concurrent agents working
  • number of overviews ( zammad run rails r 'p Overview.count')
  • number of tickets ( zammad run rails r 'p Ticket.count')

Thanks MrGeneration for your soon answer. I follow testing and restarted virtual machine and some messages arrived to telegram client, others not. Although there are some text messages from Zammad that arrive telegram client and others not; at the second case, I saw the following error en zammad’s log, when that is happening.

E, [2019-12-31T13:37:38.066261 #971-47303900630640] ERROR – : Timed out connecting to server
E, [2019-12-31T13:37:38.068264 #971-47303900630640] ERROR – : 2019-12-31T13:37:38-0500: [Worker(host:zammad pid:971)] Job Observer::ticket::Article::CommunicateTelegram::BackgroundJob (id=1447) FAILED (0 prior attempts) with RuntimeError: Timed out connecting to server

It follows the requested information.

{“ok”:true,“result”:{“url”:“https://zammad.fibramax.ec/api/v1/channels_telegram_webhook/qs-i0-YGM9tZ2w?bid=1031826164",“has_custom_certificate”:false,“pending_update_count”:0,"max_connections”:40}}

• virtualization type / hypervisor (if applicable). VMWare 15
  • CPU of the system (e.g. Intel XEON E2226G). Intel Core I7-8700 CPU 3.2GHz
  • number of cores dedicated to the Zammad machine. 2 processor cores
  • memory dedicated to the Zammad machine. 4096MB
  • storage type (SSD/HDD). HDD
  • number of agents in total. 2
  • number of approx. concurrent agents working. 1
  • number of overviews ( zammad run rails r 'p Overview.count' )
    zammad@zammad:~$ zammad run rails r ‘p Overview.count’
  • number of tickets ( zammad run rails r 'p Ticket.count' )
    zammad@zammad:~$ zammad run rails r ‘p Ticket.count’

At summary messages sent from telegram client to Zammad it’s Ok, arrive quickly, whereas messages sent from Zammad to telegram client it’s not fine, even those one that arrive take a long time, and others never arrive or arrive duplicate messages.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I continue with the problem. A aditional data is that zammad is configured behind NAT, it’s possible that there is a problem with this implementation?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Antonio Venegas L.

Sorry but the integration is working without any issues on several instances on my end. I cannot reproduce this. You might want to test this on hosted setup (just to ensure it’s not your installation), you can do so for free:

https://zammad.com/getting-started

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.