Enable Hover Informations for Customer

• Used Zammad version: 5.4.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: source
  • Operating system: CentOS
  • Browser:Chrome

Hello Zammad Team!

Is there a way, how I could enable the mouse-over information for the customer, which I can see as agent? We tried several different browsers, but none shows this information for the customer.

Thanks alot!

This is at the moment not possible. A user with only customer permission can not see any additional information, because of data privacy reasons.

I recently noticed the same problem.

I understand that the same tooltip can’t be shown for customers because it could contain private information. But at least the name should be shown, right? Because currently the customer has no way to identify (see the name) or differentiate between agents except for the avatar image.

If you believe that the current way this is handled in Zammad is a bad approach, feel very welcome to fill in a feature request here:

When it’s about the name you should normally also see it when you click on the article itself (will open the detailed article information).
Also, the location of the avatar (right side) will identify that it was a communication from a customer (incoming message).

Thanks, this indeed also works for customers.

Is this popup possible for the customer? When i try to open this from the customer view nothing happens.