Disable Ticket State Customer

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: zammad 3.6
  • Used Zammad installation source: source
  • Operating system: Debian 9.11
  • Browser + version: Firefox

Expected behavior:

• I’d like sable ticket state for customers and automatically assignment to group.

Actual behavior:

• Now the customers can choise the ticket state and they can see all group

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• I want only disable ticket state for customers when open a new ticket and automatically assignment to group.

For example Customers are subscribed to certain groups, they must be able to open tickets only for those groups without seeing the complete list of groups as now.

Thank You for support

You can choose which ticket states are visible for the customer, the process involves the console and is described here.
You should not take the state closed away because then a user can’t close his own ticket if he found the solution by himself or made the ticket by mistake etc. So you should leave open and closed visible for the user.

Regarding groups you have three choices that you can control in the settings under channels -> web:

1. If you select “-” then users see all groups and can choose themselves

2. If you select only one group from the list the user can’t choose and all tickets automatically go into this group

3. If you hold down the CTRL key and select only some groups off the list the user can choose between those, but not the ones you didn’t select.

what you can NOT do is select different groups for different users, this setting is global.

Thank you for your answer.

1)I should first translate the tickets states and then enable only the two states open and closed.

Per the two states i can use this:

attribute = ObjectManager::Attribute.get(
object: ‘Ticket’,
name: ‘state_id’,
)
attribute.screens[‘edit’][‘ticket.customer’][‘filter’] = Ticket::State.where(name: [‘open’, ‘closed’]).pluck(:id)
attribute.save!

Is it right?

I don’t know where i can change ticket state language.

2)I’d like select different groups for different users…How can I do it?

The command you posted is correct. The English state names are what is used in the system. If you want to be sure you can use this command to see which states are available to the user

ObjectManager::Attribute.get(
     object: 'Ticket',
     name: 'state_id',
   ).screens['edit']['ticket.customer']['filter']

And if you want to know the name of each state you can check with this command

Ticket::State.find({ID}).name

Just replace ID with the actual number and you will get the names that you have to use.

You can’t, I already said that.

Thank You…

The customers when create a new ticket or see entire group list or see only one group for ever.

A solution could be disable group in the new ticket customer.

There isn’t any workaround…

Good Morning,
I have tried to change the ticket status customer only in two state.
If I run the following command:

ObjectManager::Attribute.get(
object: ‘Ticket’,
name: ‘state_id’,
).screens[‘edit’][‘ticket.customer’][‘filter’]

I have one ticket state, number four (open).
I have saved attribute.
When I comeback in zammad, I see again the old three ticket state.
After I running the command attribute.save!, do i need to running another command?

For Example
zammad run rake searchindex:rebuild

Thank You
Schermata 2021-01-19 alle 09.31.22

Schermata 2021-01-19 alle 09.36.07

It looks correct to me. Sometimes you have to hit F5 in your browser to refresh the page when stuff like this is changed. No other command needed, searchindex has nothing to do with this.

Nothing…

I have tried other browser (chrome), too

I have tried to create two ticket states (Aperto e Chiuso).
Zammad saves the new two ticket states for customer but nothink i keep seeing old ticket states.

Schermata 2021-01-19 alle 11.38.20 Schermata 2021-01-19 alle 11.38.54

I have tried to empty zammad cache with this command --> ```
Rails.cache.clear

Nothing...:-(

After you add new states don’t forget the part in the documentation called “Make new states available to UI” otherwise you can’t see them.

Have you tried simply restarting your Zammad?

Yes, I have forget it.
Now I can see ticket state “Chiuso” but not “Aperto”…

Can I disable others ticket states and enable “Aperto”?

I am attaching the configuration…

In particular I can see ticket status customer filter 11, 12 (Aperto Chiuso)

I don’t understand why it doesn’t work…;-(

I have configured the two ticket states, but I can see four states instead of the two configured

I understand where the problem is…:slight_smile:
When the customer edit the ticket, I can see the two ticket states open, closed, because I can used the following command:
attribute.screens[‘edit’][‘ticket.customer’][‘filter’] = Ticket::State.where(name: [‘open’,‘closed’]).pluck(:id)

I need to modify, when the customer create a new ticket…i have tried with following command:
attribute.screens[‘new’][‘ticket.customer’][‘filter’] = Ticket::State.where(name: [‘open’,‘closed’]).pluck(:id)

because the customer opens a new ticket…
The last command doesn’t work…:frowning:

Is there another command?

Thank You

ohhhhh resolved…:slight_smile:

The command is attribute.screens[‘create_middle’][‘ticket.customer’][‘filter’] = Ticket::State.where(name: [‘open’,‘closed’]).pluck(:id)

1 Like

Great, thanks for sharing your solution, I’m happy you found it.

1 Like

Sorry, Premium version zammaz resolves this problem “select different groups for different users”?

Doesn’t exists any solution?

Thank You

I’m not sure what the issue is so I’m guessing:
You’re trying to have specific groups for specific customers, right?
If so, no, that’s not possible at all.

Please note that technically there’s no “premium version”.
What you can do with a self hosted Zammad instance is to extend it with paid support contracts. The core functions are the same.

Thank You Mr Generation for your answer…

You’re trying to have specific groups for specific customers, right? Yes

If so, no, that’s not possible at all. → I know it, i have write to zammad support…