Devices not unique in profile

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: MF 68esr

Expected behavior:

An agent sees which devices he has logged on from, or which devices are allowed.

Actual behavior:

The information displayed is not unique… A colleague has just registered, as always from the same computer, but has received an e-mail that a new device has been added. It is recognizable only by the last activity, with which he is just logged in…

Wouldn’t it make sense to display more detailed information here, such as the ip address? Is there an option to customize the view here?

Yours, Daniel.

Just a fast thought, did you disable location services on Zammad?
(I’m talking about these services: https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/appendix-privacy.html )

Normally it would at least tell you the location.
The IP address however is only visible to the admin in the overall session overview.

As this has been this way like as long as I know Zammad, I always thought that this would be the way it is.
Maybe @thorsteneckel can help us further?

Nope, the services are still activated:

Maybe the many proxies of the company are a problem with the location. In mozilla i always get the captcha query because i’m located in germany and the usa is shown as my origin. Sounds crazy, but is an international company. :hugs:

Here is the difference from both logins:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0

Device and IP was the same…

User device detection is done here by the UAParser. Seems like the detection is not stable :thinking: Device fingerprinting is a hot topic and will never be perfect. I’m a bit reserved to open that door.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.