Deny tickets from external emails

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.0.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: CentOS7
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

We have 4 Domains, and I only want to accept user/ticket creation only from those 4 domains, when they send a ticket via email to the system email.

Actual behavior:

Zammad will create a user, and ticket even from a @gmail, @yahoo, @outlook.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Send and email to whatever@whatever.com you have set in Zammad Email configuration.

Thanks in advice… beauty of software!

That seems better to be done in your Exchange or Webserver Configuration.

would be nice if you could just have a trigger that sends a nice reply and closes the ticket.

Like: this is an employee only support service, please visit our web here… or there…

I am not sure triggers can reply. And it seems possible to match tickets not coming from your organization, but organizations seems limited to 1 domain.

having multi-domain organizations (which is common) and ability to reply from a trigger perhaps could help.

Hi @PepsiMan

there was a similiar post to this subject - please take a look at this:

HTH

Best,
Martin

If filtering is no option for you of does not fit your needs.
I would recommend to configure this by a Mailserver.
This can easily be done in several ways.
One way would be using black and white list. Only you chosen domains are on the whitelist, everything else by default on the blacklist and can be rejected.
Another example using office365. Import Mails only from a mailfolder instead of the inbox folder itself. Only mails from a specific domain or with a Ticket-ID in the subject are moved to the subfolder and will be processed by zammad.

Thanks guys, I need to know if possible to do it natively on Zammad config.
like an official answer, if its possible

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.